Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fellow C++ programmers out there.... pls help..?

What are some few syntax that are found in Visual C++ 6 that is not found in Turbo Borland C++ 4.5? I am using the old compiler which is Turbo C++ 4.5 and I am used to it. Our company's senior programmer told me that it is cooler to use visual C++ than C++ 4.5? Where to download Visual C++ for free??? Thank you so much in advance...





For those who answered my question about connecting C++ to MySQL, I already found a good site: http://www.cpp-home.com/tutorial.php?22_... Thank you very much also for responding..

Fellow C++ programmers out there.... pls help..?
if you want to be really cool, you have to use gcc :-p





well, turbo C and visual C 6 are both old, and don't implement all facets and details of the C++ standard (which is very big and complex). Also, the standard libraries are a bit different. And therefore the code is not always 100% compatible to the standard, and therefore you have those problems.
Reply:After a lot of research, I obtained free copies of Visual C++ from Microsoft. There was a 64 bit version (that I wanted) in Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 SP1 with 32 bit versions in Microsoft DDK for Windows and Visual C++ Toolkit 2003. These are command line driven and I used my old Watcom software to create/edit source code. See:





http://freespace.virgin.net/roy.longbott...





It seems that things have now changed somewhat but you might still be able to get free copies.


No comments:

Post a Comment